- The title is a reference to the 1997 movie, Wag the Dog, starring Dustin Hoffman.
- This episode was originally scheduled to air at 7:30 PM Eastern Time until the show switched timeslots with Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life.
- Like "Speakeasy Rider" this episode features guest appearances from cast members of Reno 911!. They are; Robert Ben Garant, Thomas Lennon, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Joe Lo Truglio.
- Joe Lo Truglio and Thomas Lennon who play Carl Lumpkin and Kenny, respectively, were both cast members on the MTV sketch show, The State.
- As in "Hawk & Chick", Larry Murphy is credited for playing Teddy in this episode despite Teddy not appearing. Murphy does, however, voices Ice Pick. This is also the only episode in Season 6 in which Teddy does not appear.
- A total of 2.35 million households watched this episode.
- It is revealed in this episode that above the garage where the kids meet the One Eyed Snakes in Speakeasy Rider is where Critter and Mudflap's apartment is. However, there is now a building to the left of the garage and a ladder leading up to fire stairs unlike in Speakeasy Rider where there was just a patch of land next to it and no ladder.
- The two One Eyed Snakes members that are voiced by Larry Murphy and Joe Lo Truglio are named Ice Pick and Scab respectively. Ice Pick's name only appears on the closed captioning when he speaks offscreen and Scab's only appears on Fox's press release because Lo Truglio is only credited for playing Carl on the end credits. Their names aren't spoken in any dialog.
- This episode takes place in around early June as Critter says the One Eyed Snakes are going up to Laconia, NH, for 'bike week', a real-life event which takes place over nine days ending on Father's Day.
- There are 19 skulls visible in the apartment, they include; a doormat, a penny jar, candles, paintings, posters, a keychain, a helmet and some loose skulls.
- The printer that Critter buys for Bob is a Print Perfect 3000, it appears to have WiFi connectivity.
- Bob's possible dislike of cilantro is brought up again in the episode when Gene adds the line "he hates cilantro" to the description of Bob's alias 'Mustache Manny'. In "Ear-sy Rider" this is referenced in the "Say It Ain't Cilantro Burger" which "comes with no cilantro because cilantro is terrible."
- The animation of the family dancing in the End Credits Sequence is copied from the credits sequence for "Sacred Couch." If played side by side they are identical apart from Critter, Mudflap, Ice Pick, and Kenny appearing in the restaurant and Tina's quick hair flip when Louise takes the plate over to Bob is missing.