- This is the first episode to feature Robert Ben Garant as a guest voice.
- A total of 4.31 million households watched this episode.
- The episode received positive reviews from critics.
- Torpedo Jones is introduced in this episode despite appearing before in Lobsterfest which is the produced first season finale, this episode was produced first and the order of the episodes were switched when broadcast.
- The seal mascot seen taking part in the mascot races is the same seal mascot seen sleeping with Teddy's ex-wife in Bed & Breakfast, it is unknown whether Ray, the actual person sleeping with Teddy's ex-wife is wearing the costume.
- Before Torpedo Jones admits that he cheated, he can be seen lubricating his hand in shots before his "skadootches."
- Advertisements around the ballpark include;
- Bob's Burgers: Grade A beef, A+ flavor
- Jimmy Pesto's Pizzeria: Now that's what you call meatballs
- Jimmy Pesto's Pizzeria: Now that's amore like it.
- Falafel on a Waffle
- Shower Stoolin': Put a stool in your shower
- Slide into Phi's Ice cream parlor
- Dr. Peterson's Urology clinic
- Get to first base @Date4U.com
- The Knee Specialist: Back on your knees in no time
- Net advertising: it's better than nothing
- Just for lamps
- Insurance in an instant
- Despite Mort appearing but not having any lines in this episode, Andy Kindler receives a credit.
- Ollie Pesto appears alone in attendance at the ballpark when Bob and Linda are moved to the back row, making it the only time he has appeared in an episode without his twin brother Andy also appearing and the only time only one twin is featured in a single episode.
- On August 21, 2015, it was reported that Houston Astros pitcher Mike Fiers had used an illegal substance on his glove to aid in pitching, mirroring Torpedo's actions in this episode
- When Tina speaks Spanish to Angel, the subtitles displaying the English translation is slightly incorrect. She says "después del partido" which means after the game which isn't subtitled.
- Linda's apron suddenly appears on her when Torpedo tussles Gene, it then disappears in the next shot.
- Writer Rich Rinaldi's last name is mis-spelled Rindali on the opening credits.