- The title of this episode references the film Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
- This episode's title was misspelled on the script cover as "Tina Tailor Soilder Spy." (See Gallery)
- The script cover shows a chess piece with a cropped out Tina inside of it. Louise appears in the background with a mad look.
- This is the last episode to air in 2014, only the second episode not to be a Christmas themed episode to end a calendar year of episodes. The other episode is Torpedo which aired as the last in 2011.
- In the flashback to Rena going under cover at Troop 257's HQ, the troop's haircuts appear different to what they are shown in the present day. Rena's hair barely goes past her shoulders and Larissa's ponytail is much shorter, indicating that they were younger in the flashback.
- When Linda is at Hair Barrel two women are seen reading the same magazine. The magazine appears again on the Belcher's coffee table at the end of the episode.
- Ginny's workplace is identical to the one where Bob is in his nightmare in Moody Foodie, her co-worker who is seen eating a cookie is in the cubicle that Bob was in and the breakroom is the same.
- During the end credits the tattoo that Bob received during the episode "The Equestranauts" is visible near the bottom of the tattered basketball jersey he is wearing.
- When Gene tries to add himself to the lineup of potential suspects, the piece of paper bearing his name is stuck on to Tina's Chariot Equestranauts doll from The Equestranauts.
- Jodi struggles to sit down in Ginny's car in a similar way to how she struggles to sit in Slumber Party.
- The Thundergirls uniform is the same as it was in A River Runs Through Bob but without the neckerchief and the patches are shown in higher detail, although Tina is wearing a neckerchief on the script cover.
- Louise is coloring in Dizzy Dog in her coloring book during the final scene.
- Louise mentions New York, New York, the birthplace of Hank Hill from King of the Hill.
- The magnets on Ginny's refrigerator only appear in close up shots, they disappear in the wide shots of it.
- Tina's wise owl patch doesn’t appear in addition to the badges she already has on her sash, it replaces one of the badges already on there.
- While Linda is flirting / pretending to be a nurse she throws her apron at Bob and hits him in the eye. When she re-enters the frame to check his eye she's still wearing the apron.