- The table read for this episode took place on September 9, 2016, over a year before the episode's airdate of October 22, 2017. Likely because of the show's time-slot being pre-empted frequently meaning less than 22 episodes (a production season number of episodes) are being aired in a typical broadcast season. It was likely foreseen that less than 22 episodes may be aired between "Teen-a Witch", the 2016 Halloween special, and this episode, so it was likely brought forward in production to reduce the risk of continuity errors. This aired exactly 22 episodes after "Teen-a Witch."
- The title of this episode is a reference to the 2013 movie, The Wolf of Wall Street.
- Randy Watkins returns in this episode as a wolf hunter. In "Easy Com-mercial, Easy Go-mercial", he had a wolf howling at the moon painted onto the side of his van.
- Teddy appears to be wearing the compression hose he wore in "Dawn of the Peck" as part of his "sexy nurse" costume.
- Louise continues to base her Halloween costumes on movie characters, she portrays Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men. Tina also continues dressing as moms after being a "mommy mummy" in "Full Bars", she is a "mom-bie" (a zombie Linda) in this episode. Gene, also like the previous years, ends up not getting any candy.
- Gene says he'd like to be raised by wolves. Bob and Linda both discussed what if Gene was raised by wolves in "A River Runs Through Bob."
- Gene references the drama series, Felicity, and the controversial change of haircut the title character underwent during the second season.
- The title of the Halloween movie Bob and Teddy watch, Bosom Bloodies, is a reference to the 1980s sitcom Bosom Buddies.
- The park Linda and the kids walk through is the same park where Regular Sized Rudy and Dahlia's birthday parties were held in "House of 1000 Bounces." The lake and Ranger Dainko's ranger station are both visible.
- Bob truthfully asserting that he saw a wolf but isn't believed by anyone else to have is a loose reference to the fable, The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
- In a preview clip uploaded to Animation on FOX's Youtube channel, the chyron displaying "WOLF WATCH" during Olsen Benner's report appears blank.