- The episode title is a play on the film "The Manchurian Candidate".
- The Japanese characters on the Fukinawa knife do indeed spell out Fukinawa, (ふきなわ).
- As well as voicing Millie Frock in this episode, Molly Shannon also voices the sales clerk at Flash in the Pan Kitchen Supplies.
- The scene where Louise directs Tina to putting Jimmy, Jr.'s school president campaign poster in the trash has become a meme where campaign posters or the names of candidates for the United States presidential election, 2016 are superimposed over the original name/poster and thus end up being trashed.
- Jimmy, Jr.'s first campaign ad is a parody of Dr. Pepper's "Be a Pepper" series of commercials that aired in the late 1970's/early 1980's starring David Naughton. His scream that accompanied his leap into the air was a play on the 2004 Howard Dean scream.
- The second ad for Jimmy, Jr.'s campaign is a parody of the "It's 3AM" campaign ad produced for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign in 2008. The caption "Paid for by students who really like Snickerdoodles" appears at the end of the ad.
- Henry Haber's campaign slogan, "Chess We Can" is a play on a chant used in Barack Obama's presidential campaign in 2008, "Yes We Can".
- Abby's real name is revealed to be Mabel Haddington in this episode, Kristen Schaal voiced a character named Mabel Pines on the Disney animated series, Gravity Falls.
- A total of 2.01 million households watched this episode.
- This is the first episode to have a word censored. This occurs when Peter Pescadero calls Jimmy, Jr. a d***k in an interview. The word "d**k" has been used two other times, uncensored. Once in The Unnatural (Linda calls Bob a d**k during the baseball game at the end of the episode,) and once in God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequins (Linda calls Bob "Old Saint D**k.)
- The script cover shows Louise with a worried look, wearing a Millie button on her shirt.
- Mr. Frond's zen garden suddenly gains an extra few trail marks before the episode cuts to a commercial. They are gone when the episode resumes.
- The Fukinawa Japanese characters on the knife appear reversed and mirrored in the shot before the close up, when Linda says "Who the hell is Indiana Joe?"
- When Louise wakes up Tina both her feet can be seen in the foreground. In the next shot her right foot moves to the background.
Behind the scenes