- The table read for this episode took place on March 4, 2016.
- The title is a reference to the 1972 horror film, The Last House on the Left.
- In an interview with Entertainment Weekly dated 9/15/16, Loren Bouchard stated that Phillip Frond brings Bob into the underground gingerbread house-building competition, rather than Calvin Fischoeder. This was likely a typographical error or Loren accidentally stating the wrong character.
- No opening titles are used for this episode. Instead, an exterior shot of Bob's Burgers at night with snow present appears with the caption "One Week Before Christmas." Meaning there is no Store Next Door or Pest Control Truck for this episode.
- This episode was watched by 2.44 million households.
- This episode was the last to air in 2016, no new episodes were aired in December.
- Andy Daly and Andrés du Bouchet both voice characters for the second time on the series in this episode as Samuel Summerbottom and Randolph Brackenbrown, respectively. Daly previously voiced Ray in "Best Burger" and du Bouchet previously voiced Mars Sazerac in "Presto Tina-O."
- It is confirmed in this episode that Bob's mother had passed away at some point during his childhood after being hinted at in "Father of the Bob."
- An albino polar bear could technically exist (despite often being joked about as it wouldn't outwardly look different due to its fur already being white) as it's skin would be lighter than the black skin usually present under a polar bear's already white fur coat. It is unknown if any such polar bears actually exist. Additionally, Amity's nose, paws and eyes are pink like an albino polar bear's would be expected to be.
- An albino polar bear joke was also made in the 2011 comedy sequel The Hangover Part II by Zach Galifianakis' character Alan Garner. Galifianakis voices Felix Fischoeder in this episode.
- Naturally, polar bear cubs are born around November and December. This episode takes place at Christmas.
- Linda's line, "Christmas is for closers", is a reference to the line "Coffee is for closers only" from Glengarry Glen Ross. Teddy is shown performing in a production of Glengarry Glen Ross in a flashback in "Friends with Burger-fits" where he plays Blake and is shown delivering the aforementioned line.
- Gene mentioning to Bob that he needs a Venetian mask and a thong is a reference to Eyes Wired Shut.
- Bob's gingerbread house has gingerbread effigies of Linda and the kids on the front lawn. Gene and Louise's eyes just appear as dots unlike Tina and Linda's which denote their glasses, Gene's fat belly is achieved by using a marshmallow and Louise rabbit ears are also visible.
- On July 13, 2017, it was announced that Kevin Kline had been nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance at the at the 69th Primetime Emmy Awards for voicing Calvin Fischoeder in this episode. He later lost out to Seth MacFarlane of Family Guy.
Behind the scenes
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/15/bobs-burgers-loren-bouchard-season-7?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
- ↑ http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/11/final-adjusted-tv-ratings-for-sunday_30.html
- ↑ http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/bobs-burgers/listings/
- ↑ http://www.polarbearendangered.com/albino-polar-bear/
- ↑ http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/about-polar-bears/faqs#q11/
- ↑ http://www.emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2017/outstanding-voice-over-performance