- The front of the program for the magic competition is of the episodes script cover.
- Gene is seen wearing Linda's sunhat like he did in "Spaghetti Western and Meatballs" when posing as a bystander for Louise to steal from.
- "If you only buy one magic sabotage book this year, make it this one" appears on the back of "Dirty Tricks: When Doves Cry". The book Tina purchases to try and sabotage Jimmy, Jr.
- Jordan Peele makes his first guest appearance in the series in the episode, playing Horace.
- This is the last episode to be written by Kit Boss before he left the show to write for The Good Wife.
- In the 2015 film Ted 2, a cosplayer appears dressed as Tina in her magicians' outfit from this episode, specifically when the Starship Enterprise model falls and in several shots after.
- The script cover shows Jimmy Jr. holding Tina sideways.
- When Mars Sazerac is presenting Peter Pescadero with the grand prize the amount he states is different than what is printed. Sazerac says the prize is for $500 but the check actually reads $5000.
- In the first shot when Tina is rolling around her bedroom floor trying to get out of the straitjacket (while her glasses are still on) her barrette is on the opposite side.
- When Bob is turning the pages of Sazerac's enemies book he is turning them back in the long shot but in the close up when we see Diane Keaton's page he turns it forward to reveal his name.
- The Festival of Magic poster outside the school changes design with the "Festival of Magic" text moving to the top from the bottom and then back again when Zeke and Jimmy, Jr. leave.
- In the long shots of Sazerac talking to the crowd onstage, Tracy Schwartz can be seen facing the back rather than facing the stage.
- Andrés du Bouchet's first name is spelled without the acute accent on the "e" on the end credits.
- It is a myth that one has to dislocate their shoulders in order to escape from a straitjacket. The trick is to gain slack while the straitjacket is being applied.