- A total of 3.67 million viewers watched this episode.
- The episode is a parody of the 1982 film E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial.
- This episode also satirizes Apple's Siri. The toilet sometimes does not respond correctly and only uses keywords from Gene's sentences.
- Fox's press release for this episode adds a colon after the period after 'T', not present on iTunes, Netflix nor the script cover.
- This was the first episode of the show not to air at 8:30PM. It aired at 9:30PM, marking the first of many timeslot changes the show has been through since.
- Jon Hamm voices the titular taking toilet in this episode, early on, Louise remarks to Bob that "Don Draper's kind of fat this season." Don Draper is a character portrayed by Jon Hamm on the show Mad Men.
- After Mr. Frond picks up the 'Baby Boy Albright' flour sack, another flour sack becomes visible. It is named 'Baby Boy Chun', named for the director of this episode, Anthony Chun. The second flour sack Frond gives Gene is named 'Baby Boy Rogers'.
- The restaurant Beville's is named after the shows' dialogue editor Matt Beville.
- The chalkboard in Mr. Frond's child rearing lesson says Do: Hug, love, carry, read to, rock to sleep and care for. Don't: Leave baby in the rain, make into cake, wash, toss, shake, show them music videos, smoke, sit on, prank phone calls, re-sell, give to stranger, kabuki theater and take in hot tub.
- In E.T. fashion, the script cover shows a silhouette of Gene and the toilet riding beside the moon in a forest backdrop.
- When Mr. Frond picks up 'Baby Boy Albright' for Travis Albright to receive, the 'Baby Boy Belcher' flour sack has a pink hat on it which would indicate it's a girl rather than all other shots where it's with a blue hat which would indicate boy. The same goes for the aforementioned 'Baby Boy Chun' sack.