- The Nice Capades are a reference to the "Ice Capades" traveling entertainment show featuring theatrical performances involving ice skating. The hyphen in the official title makes it a reference to the 1941 movie.Ice-Capades which showcased the aforementioned traveling show. The title seen on script cover for this episode lacks the hyphen between the two words making it reference the show rather than the movie.
- This is the third consecutive holiday-themed episode to air in Season 6 in a row following the Halloween-themed, "The Hauntening" and the Thanksgiving-themed, "Gayle Makin' Bob Sled."
- This is the first Christmas special episode of the show to air in November and the last episode of 2015. No more episodes premiered in 2015 due to the show's timeslot often being taken over for NFL games.
- When Louise notices Mall Santa is gone she says "Oh, no, no, no, no, no" in the same way she did in "The Belchies" when the demolition of the factory started. It is most likely that the audio is a sample from said episode rather than a new recording from the recording sessions for this episode.
- A total of 2.27 million households watched this episode.
- Gene's "Taco Tuesday" song contains a musical quotation from Modest Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain which was previously used in "Easy Com-mercial, Easy Go-mercial" during the Belchers' family commercial.
- The song, "The Spirits of Christmas" as sung by Mr. Fischoeder features lyrics that Kevin Kline expanded on himself.  A full-length version of the song was released on December 23, 2015 by Behind Bob's Burgers YouTube channel along with sheet music.
- When Teddy is at the mall, he is wearing the same clothes he wore for the Turkey Trot in "Dawn of the Peck", apart from the compression hose.
- The goldfish "Mall Santa" gifts to Louise hasn't appeared in any other episodes since this one.
- Gene, Tina and Louise receiving coal on Christmas, which turns out to be a dream bears similarities to Angelica Pickles getting coal on Christmas, which turns out to be a dream from the Rugrats Christmas Special, "The Santa Experience."
- The store that the massage chair is sold in is called Unnecessaries and seems to sell the types of things that the store Sharper Image sells.
- Gene's hooded jacket is colored dark blue in this episode, it's usually red.
- The store Accurate Calendars appears in a different location from where it appeared in "Bad Tina."
- When "Mall Santa" is changing into his Santa costume, he changes into his coat in only one frame.
- When Louise is saying that she does not belong on the nice list to Santa, Tina's barrette is missing.