- The episode was originally set to be aired in season 2 according to a teaser trailer that aired, but FOX's announcement on April 23, 2012 proved to be not the case. As of October 23, 2012, the episode was moved to another air date, as "Bob Fires the Kids" had taken its place. On October 29, 2012, FOX moved "Mutiny on the Windbreaker" back to November 11 and moved "Bob Fires the Kids" to November 4.
- According to the script cover, the episode was originally going to be called "Mutiny on the Windbreak." FOX's later announcements proved otherwise.
- The garbage truck that runs over the meat delivered by Demetri is a 'Shear Waste Management' truck, one of which was previously seen in "Ear-sy Rider."
- This is the only episode directed by John Rice, a former director of King of the Hill.
- This episode contains many horror movie references;
- Louise has claws like Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street.
- Tina's hair looks like Michael Myers' from Halloween after her head rub from Marco.
- The first mate is named "Asch," very similar to "Ash," the protagonist of The Evil Dead series or the science officer in Alien who tries to kill Ripley.
- Bob gets locked in a freezer by Duval, a reference to Shelley Duvall locking Jack Nicholson in a freezer in The Shining.
- The AV Club gave the episode a "B-" rating, stating "Is it Bob's Burgers or is it a late-season Simpsons? It's too hard to tell. But Louise has claws."
- The spa on board the Windbreaker is called "Spa-velous".
- The tanning salon is called the Ti-TAN-ic, reference to the Titanic.
- The script cover is a homage to the 1970's sitcom The Love Boat, this is also referenced when Linda calls the bartender Isaac, a bartender in the show.
- When the Pest Control Truck rolls up in the opening sequence, the lettering on the Store Next Door shrinks and remains shrunk for the rest of it.
- In the shots from Captain Flarty's perspective in the restaurant, Linda's apron is missing and after she says "permission given", it appears to be a full-length apron instead of only starting at her waist.
- The colors of Marilyn's mouth alternate between each other, in some shots her tongue is light red, in others it's the darker red that the other parts of her mouth are colored.
- In the casino scene when Gene drops his coins, he slaps coins out of a lady's hands. When he does this, her pupils disappear for the remainder of the scene
- At the end as the captain is being escorted away Louise's long toenails have disappeared and she's wearing her normal shoes. They reappear in the next scene when she gets off the bus.