- A total of 3.72 million households watched this episode.
- The episode received positive reviews from critics.
- First appearances of Mike the mailman, Reggie, Pepe, and Charac.
- The plot of this episode is similar to the plot of the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode, "Paddy's Pub: The Worst Bar in Philadelphia", which also involves a critic being taken hostage.
- The "wet willie" scene at the end of the episode is an homage to a similar torture scene in the Quentin Tarantino film Reservoir Dogs.
- While the episode was in production. Michael Madsen, known for his role as Mr. Blonde in Reservoir Dogs was accidentally dropped off by the studio while on his way to work on a different project. Noticing the coincidence that the episode had a Reservoir Dogs parody, he was asked in to record a part and he agreed. He voices Kevin Costner in the scene where the family and patrons of Bob's Burgers watch Tin Cup.
- The script cover shows Bob in an office cubical, the title of the episode is shown above.
- Mr. Fischoeder describes Bob as a tumor with teeth. These are known as Teratomas. H. Jon Benjamin voiced such a tumor in an episode of Lucy, The Daughter of the Devil, a series also created by Loren Bouchard.
- The kids' PR firm, Cooper, Molyneux, and Juarez, is named in part after two of the show's writers, Lizzie Molyneux and Wendy Molyneux.
- When Tran holds up the newspaper to Bob to show him Pepe's bad review the word 'Foodie' is misspelled 'Foody'.
- When Bob is paying off the delivery man he tells him he only has $48, but in the previous shot he's shown to have at least $50. He is seen counting the money but when the shot changes he pulls it out of his pocket.
- The tape tied around the Moody Foodie disappears in the first shot of Reggie torturing him.
- Linda's apron suddenly appears on her when Tran unboxes his noodles then disappears. It suddenly appears again during the second half of the hostage scene and is on for the rest of the scene. She wasn't wearing it when she came in. The errors in continuity with Linda's apron was very common the Season 1 and Season 2.
- While in disguise as a Hasidic Jew, the Moody Foodie orders a cheeseburger. Cheeseburgers are not kosher as they combine cow's meat and milk which is forbidden. It's also possible that he ordered it to test if the restaurant was aware of religious dietary laws.