- The title of this episode is a reference to the 1988 movie, Midnight Run, Tina mentions the episode's title when she first escorts Zeke from Coach Blevins's office.
- This is the first episode to be directed by Ian Hamilton.
- This is the second time Sarah Silverman has appeared on the show without voicing Ollie. The first time she did this was in "Purple Rain-Union" where she voiced Bad Hair Day's lead singer. In this episode, she only voices her other recurring character, Ms. Schnur. This is also the first time she has appeared without appearing alongside her sister Laura in an episode.
- The music playing while Zeke is performing as the Wagstaff Whaler and during the end credits is a parody of the 2 Unlimited song, "Get Ready for This."
- Gene's line "One hall pass to rule them all" is a parody of the line "One ring to rule them all" from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- First appearance of the Elegant Doily Retirement Home, it appears again in Secret Admiral-irer.
- Bob's car is shown outside Reflections, implying that he has just driven there when in fact the store is only four doors down from Jimmy Pesto's Pizzeria, opposite the restaurant.
- A total of 3.95 million households watched this episode making it the highest rated episode of Season 5.
- This is the first episode where a character other than Zeke has referred to Jimmy, Jr. as J-Ju. Louise does this when they see each other in the cafeteria.
- Louise calls Tina, "Narcy Narc and the Narcy Bunch", a reference to the hip-hop group Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.
- Zeke says that the reason Coach Blevins refused to lend him the mascot suit is probably because he "used to poop in stuff," a reference to his run as the Mad Pooper in Broadcast Wagstaff School News.
- The script cover shows Tina carrying a confused looking Zeke down the school hallway.
- Jimmy, Jr. changes position just before he walks off, he is first standing by a hatch then in the next shot he is standing by a door.
- The poster of hall monitor ranks at the front desk lists the school's name as Wagstaff Elementary whereas the school also accommodates grades above sixth which is the top grade that elementary schools accommodate as well as the elementary grades.