- The title makes an allusion to the phrase "Mazel tov."
- Tammy's introductory video at her Bat Mitzvah is a parody of Blossom.
- First appearances of both of Tammy's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Larsen.
- There's a picture of Jimmy Pesto, Jr. in Tina's locker.
- Tammy's Bat Mitzvah is held at the Sunsets Hotel. The same hotel that hosted the table-scaping competition in Boyz 4 Now.
- This episode won a Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program, making it the show's first Emmy win.
- Much of the dialog between Louise and Janet was improvised by Kristen Schaal (Louise) and Brooke Dillman (Janet).
- Despite being Tammy's closest friend, Jocelyn doesn't appear at Tammy's Bat Mitzvah let alone this episode. This episode aired however before their friendship was established in Gene It On. Also not seen or heard from is Tammy's grandmother who was mentioned later in The Horse Rider-er.
- The script cover shows Tina being lifted by multiple people.
- The band is called the Klezbians, a play on "Klezmer" (a type of Jewish music) and lesbians.
- When Bob and Linda reappear at the Bat Mitzvah Linda is holding the bouquet from the wedding.
- The science textbook in Tina's locker is backward.
- In the shot when everyone says "Mazel Tov" to Tammy, Bob and Gene's mouths don't move.
- When Tina informs Tammy's parents that she can't find Tammy, Mr. Larsen's drink is pink in color but in all shots after, it is brown, strongly implying that he's drinking something mixed with or is drinking cola.
- Soon after Tina takes over as party-planner for Janet, the giant Tammy head is seen being lowered for repairs in the background. Later, as Tammy is going to greet Aunt Frida, the head is seen suspended above the stage, seemingly repaired. A few seconds later the head is back on the ground.
- When Tammy catches Louise trying to make it look like she has boogies from her big giant head, the wire that fell in the guacamole from her headset when she got caught disappears.