- First appearances of Gretchen and Scott Bags. Ms. LaBonz also makes her first speaking appearance.
- This is the only episode to have a writing credit from Season 1 consulting producer Aron Abrams. Abrams passed away on December 25, 2010, before the series premiered on January 9, 2011.
- It is actually dangerous to be in a basement during a hurricane. During a hurricane, you must stay as far above sea level as possible, in case of storm-surge flooding. It would be safer for the kids to be their rooms than the basement.
- This episode is the last in the 1ASA production season but aired as the penultimate episode of Season 1. As a result of this, Torpedo Jones and Burt Dellalucci who both appear in the finale, "Torpedo", make their first broadcast appearances in this episode. They can both be seen in the crowd at Lobsterfest along with many of the other characters introduced throughout the season. Hugo calling for the restaurant to be shut down could also have been considered a cliffhanger or a natural end to the series if it wasn't renewed for a second season.
- The governor in Louise's fantasy sequence was also the judge in Bob's courtroom dream sequence in Sacred Cow.
- Louise's prisoner number in her lobster fantasy sequence is 12345.
- The promo image of the flashback to Bob and Linda's first date differs from the scene in the final episode. There's no vignette effect on the image, Bob and Linda are clearly in the family's kitchen but are in a different kitchen or restaurant in the actual episode, and Linda appears concerned about Bob's allergic reaction in the promo image but is completely aloof to it in the episode. (see Gallery)
- Ocean Avenue's Lobsterfest is a reference to the real lobster festival in Maine.
- The lost dog poster that Gene takes the phone numbers from is written in Spanish. "PERRO PERDIDO" (Lost Dog) appears above the picture and "RECOMPENSA" (reward) appears below.
- Lobsterfest gets celebrated again later in "Large Brother, Where Fart Thou?."
- A total of 4.66 million households watched this episode.
- The episode received positive reviews from critics.
- The script cover shows the Lobsterfest poster.
- The Burger of the Day during "Bobsterfest" changes from "Neither Fish Nor Fowl Burger" - (100% Beef) to "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish Hamburger" to "Neither Fish Nor Fowl" again and back to "One Fish, Two Fish..." again. It is, however, blank when John Van Horton and the Music Extrusion's drummer is drumming on the board.
- Gene's keyboard is mirror imaged when he gives it to the security guard in his first time eating lobster fantasy.
- Throughout the episode Hugo is depicted wearing latex gloves during his inspections but immediately before or after them, they don't appear. They disappear and appear suddenly between shots without any obvious time to have put them on or remove them.