- The title of this episode is a reference to the book, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, this is also the first episode to feature Louise's name in the title, making her the last of the Belcher Family to have their name in the title of an episode.
- This is the second episode in a row that a promotional image from the episode has failed to appear in the episode itself. The image in question features Linda, Tina, Gene and Louise looking through the glass on the inside as shown from the outside. (see Gallery).
- This is the first episode to be accompanied by a behind the scenes video on YouTube, the series of videos ran for the rest of Season 5 excluding season finale "The Oeder Games."
- This is the second episode the crawl space has been utilized in the series. The first was in "Crawl Space."
- When Louise is in the crawl space she is carrying a Kuchi Kopi bag.
- Bob seems to understand Cynthia's remark about kids volunteering at hospices. It is revealed later in "The Last Gingerbread House on the Left" that Bob's mother is deceased, possibly implying that Bob's mother died in a hospice.
- Logan's outfit is colored differently compared to earlier episodes and later in "Large Brother, Where Fart Thou?."
- The book Bob reads in bed is titled Pardon my Garden.
- Bob's Burgers supervising director Bernard Derriman posted two deleted scenes from his mobypicture account during a live tweet of this episode on his twitter. They are a fantasy sequence Bob has about his tomatoes and Logan attempting to annoy Louise again. (see Behind the scenes)
- An article on noisey.vice.com features a step-by-step guide to the songwriting process of the "Happy Crappy Song" including demos featuring Loren Bouchard and Nora Smith singing Bob and Linda/Louise's parts respectively.
- This is the first episode in which Bob kisses one of his children on screen. He gives Louise a kiss on the forehead after giving her a pep talk when he initially hires Logan.
- The script cover shows a massive plant in the middle. Bob is standing in the left with a happy look, while Louise is standing in the right.
- In the penultimate two shots of Bob before he leaves the restaurant to go the garden for the first time, he is wearing his apron even though he removed it earlier. The shot then briefly cuts to Louise and in the final shot of Bob, he isn't wearing it.
- The buttons on Linda's shirt collar are missing when she is leaning over the counter during "Happy Crappy Place." Only the bottom button is also missing when Linda and Louise are shown singing through the glass later in the song.
Behind the scenes