- The Hawk and Chick film series is a parody of Lone Wolf and Cub.
- This episode's title is written in Japanese and English on the script cover. In Japanese, it's 鷹と雛 (Tata to Hina). The script cover also shows Bob and Louise in Japanese style clothing.
- The episode's title was originally "Soaring Hawk & Chick" but it was changed before the table read took place.
- The bus Shinji Kojima boards is the 112A from W Wharf to Bog Harbor. Bog Harbor was previously mentioned in "Human Flesh", "The Unbearable Like-Likeness of Gene", and "Lindapendent Woman." While on the bus, they pass the store "Steaks on a Plate," a reference to the film Snakes on a Plane.
- Larry Murphy is credited as playing Teddy in this episode but Teddy does not appear, Murphy does, however, voice the manager at Top Hat Cinema and other various characters in the episode.
- Keisuke Hoashi, the voice of Kojima, also voices one of the people in the audience. He also appears in the Behind Bob's Burgers behind-the-scenes video produced for this episode. Keisuke based his performance on his father Jitsuo, who passed away the day before he auditioned for the role of Kojima.
- This is the last episode to have a Behind Bob's Burgers behind the scenes video produced, they were scrapped following this episode.
- Movies playing at the Top Hat Cinema include, My Life As a Person, A Dirty Place, The Messenger Who Got Killed, A Beautiful Robot, Song of the Fishwife, Tuesday in Tuscany and Total Urgency.
- The lobby of the Decency Inn hotel is identical to the Royal Coat of Arms Hotel seen in "The Kids Run Away" apart from the staircase and the decor.
- The Hawk and Chick Collector's Box Set being advertised over the end credits is distributed by Hastings Classics, most likely named for show employee Rachel Hastings.
- This episode was watched by 1.95 million households.
- On December 1, 2015, it had been announced that Kristen Schaal had been nominated for the Annie Award for Outstanding Achievement, Voice Acting in an Animated TV/Broadcast Production for this episode. She later won the award making it the first of two Annie Awards wins for Bob's Burgers.
- When Bob and Louise are in Deduction Junction the employees coffee mugs appear and disappear in between shots.
- The flyers that Gene and Tina hand out say Top Hat Theater instead of Top Hat Cinema.
- The lines that indicate the bar flap at the end of the counter in the restaurant is missing in the first shot after Bob and Louise return from Deduction Junction.
- Even though it is said earlier in the episode that the screening is on Saturday at midnight, it is said at the end that it's a school night.
Behind the scenes