- The episode title is a parody of the Christmas carol God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman.
- Sal, the owner of Spanks A Lot is voiced by Fred Stoller, who voices "Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy" on the PBS series WordGirl, a series which regularly features Bob's voice actor H. Jon Benjamin regularly voices Reginald, and where Louise's voice actress Kristen Schaal regularly voices Victoria Best.
- This episode is named "Bob Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequins" within the press release for the first repeat on Devember 30, 2012 and on IMDb, Hulu, and the Season 3 DVD. "Bob Rest Ye Merry-Mannequins" is also used for the motion picture entry on the US copyright catalog.
- First episode where Bob mentions his late mother. It is revealed that she had a brother called Ernest Lombard who Bob mentions he hadn't talked to in years meaning they likely became estranged following his mother's death.
- Unlike later Christmas-themed episodes with opening titles, it isn't snowing during the titles.
- Unlike all Bob's Burgers characters, Nadia the mannequin has eyes with color around her pupils.
- The phone number on the "Have you Seen This Mannequin" poster is 555-0175.
- On the date of the episode's original airing, an interfaith vigil commemorating the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was aired live in most of FOX's East Coast markets meaning this episode was preempted in those markets until the last few minutes were shown after the vigil ended. Due to this, the episode performed very poorly in terms of viewers and ratings, being the lowest-rated of the entire series. FOX later reran the episode two weeks later on December 30, 2012, at 8:30 PM.
- The episode received positive reviews from critics.
- The script cover shows Bob leaning on some Christmas Decorations. One is a reindeer, while the other is a mannequin.
- On the Jamaican bobsled from Cool Runnings that Gene imagines having for Christmas, the flag has red where the black is meant to go on the flag.
- When Gene starts running to go "talk to Uncle Ernie", just before he starts to pass Louise, her body disappears and it's back again after he runs past her.
- When Chet explains to Bob about his window displays, the Burger of the Day changes from the "Santa Claus Is Cumin to Town Burger" to the "Fifth Day of Christmas Burger" which isn't the Burger of the day until the final window scene.
- When Marshmallow skates into view, the skater on the right in the green jacket disappears.
- Background painter Julia Kalantarova's last name is mis-spelled 'Kalantaroba' on the end credits.
- The closed captioning lists Gene's name as James when Bob reminds him that Uncle Ernie had just died.