|Bob's Burgers character|
|Relatives|| (see Belcher Family)|
Linda Belcher (mother)
|Behind the scenes|
|Voiced by||Eugene Mirman|
|“||A fart is like a fingerprint and we have the same fingerprints.||”|
Gene enjoys annoying everyone around him by using sound effects with either a keyboard or megaphone. After eating lobster at lobster fest, it is shown that he is allergic to shell fish like his father, Bob. According to Linda, Gene takes after Bob more than he does her. In Broadcast Wagstaff School News, he begins to dress and act like Bob, when he accepts that he's destined to look like him when he gets older. Gene has a passion for performance art and loves to tell jokes. He got to act as a musician in the episode Burger War when he played at Jimmy Pesto's restaurant. In Mutiny on the Windbreaker, he develops a confused feeling for a manatee puppet.
In The Unbearable Like-Likeness of Gene, he dates an annoying girl named Courtney but is conflicted when he finds out that her dad also writes jingles and could help him land his career. He attends Wagstaff Middle School with his siblings.
Gene has tan skin like the rest of the family while he is also a little chubby. He has a yellow shirt with blue shorts and red All-Star Converse shoes. In his job at Bob's Burgers he walks around in a burger costume (he also sometimes wears it outside his job). In the Episode Beefsquatch, he wore a Sasquatch mask.
He is generally perceived as overweight, and, according to Gene, it was an ice-cream sandwich which set off his weight gain.
- In the episode Moody Foodie, it is revealed Gene is not circumcised.
- In the episode My Big Fat Greek Bob, Gene reveales he's a secret cat living under his bed for 5 years.
- Gene has mentioned his 28 year old albino friend, Ken, who does improvised hip-hop, though it's unknown if Ken is imaginary or not.
- In the episode It Snakes a Village, it is revealed that Gene is afraid of snakes.
- "My eyes don't work, paint me a word picture."
- "A fart is like a fingerprints and we have the same fingerprints."
- "We're gonna be moderately rich! I can date someone half my age: a five-and-a-half year old starlet."
- "...when you're done here, clean my litter box. And don't tell mom and dad about my litter box."
- "My grandparents are staying with us and they were both alive during prohibition so this is what it sounds like when they have sex in the room next to mine."
- "What kind of bees make milk? Boobies!"
- "No one blackmails our sister but us!"
- "Let's release the lobster back into the supermarket from whence it came."
- "I didn't know anyone had a boob fetish."
- Main article: Archer/Bob's Burgers connection