|Bob's Burgers character|
|Relatives|| Al (father)|
Linda Belcher (older sister)
Bob Belcher (brother-in-law)
Tina Belcher (niece)
Gene Belcher (nephew)
Louise Belcher (niece)
Burt (maternal grandfather)
|Behind the scenes|
|Voiced by||Megan Mullally|
|“||Guess who's on new meds!||”|
Gayle is Linda's younger sister. She is rather fragile but very artistic. Her artistic interests include painting, music and poetry.
Some of her artistic "statements" include wearing a dress made of shrimp to Catholic Mass, shaving her cat, and eating her lipstick because she wanted to feel "red" inside. When her latest paintings, a series of animal anuses, is censored with pink panties (by her own sister Linda but blamed on Edith Cranwinkle), Gayle revises the paintings by adding pants and "huge, pendulous breasts".
Gayle appeared again in Dr. Yap, where Bob kisses her by mistake when he is medicated. As a result, she gains a crush on Bob and thinks that he is her new boyfriend. Linda is happy to see Gayle happy and tells Bob that they need to find her somebody, as that is the only way Gayle will get off of Bob's back. In the end, Linda "falls in love" with Dr. Yap, and Gayle steals him away, meaning Bob and Linda are back to normal.
In all her appearances, she wears purple glasses. She has brown hair with a fringe that she usually wears in a ponytail. In her first appearance in Art Crawl, she wears a purple T-shirt with a lilac teddy bear design on it, dark green shorts, a pink fanny pack and white shoes. In her next appearance in Dr. Yap, she wears a dark pink shirt, dark green skirt and a cream colored fanny pack along with the shoes. This is the only time she hasn't worn her hair in a ponytail. From Topsy onwards, she wears a plain purple T-shirt and the skirt from Dr. Yap along with the the shoes and the cream colored fanny pack, except in Boyz 4 Now, where she is seen wearing her teddy bear T-shirt from Art Crawl. In Purple Rain-Union, she wears a pink fanny pack, shoes and has her ponytail in a pink tie pointing out to the left similar to Tammy's as part of her rock outfit.
Romance has played a part of many of her appearances.
Throughout high school, she had a crush on Derek Dematopolis who she describes as a greek god. Years later at the high school reunion, she sings a song about him and they hook up.
After being kissed by Bob while on anesthetic drugs, she becomes attracted to him and attempts to seduce him throughout the episode but later, after finding out that Linda likes Dr. Yap, she starts hitting it off with him.
In Topsy, she is hired along with Calvin to sing as Tina and Gene respectively. While rehearsing behind a curtain, they start fooling around. When their relationship is revealed at the end of the episode after the curtain collapses, she joyously exclaims that they’re in love. Turned off by the revelation, Calvin flees.
In Turkey in a Can, she kisses Mort when panicking over whether Bob is going to drop the turkey in the toilet or not.
- Gayle Makin' Bob Sled
- The Cook, The Steve, The Gayle, & Her Lover
- Glued, Where's My Bob? (appears on end credits sequence)
- Gayle is the first of many characters in the show to be guest-voiced by Megan Mullally.
- She only loves men if her sister, Linda, loves them.
- In Art Crawl, she wears a T-shirt and pants unlike in Dr. Yap when she wears a shirt and skirt instead.
- Gene and Louise think she should be a mental patient.
- Gayle is a member of Linda's high school band, "The TaTas."
- She once pooped her pants in a cell phone store. (Boyz 4 Now)
- In her first three appearances it is stated that she only has one cat. In Boyz 4 Now, Tina mentions that one of her cats got accidentally pepper-sprayed meaning she now has at least two. Then in Turkey in a Can she is shown with all three of her cats mentioning that she found Mr. Business on her way over to the Belchers'.
- In The Kids Run Away, it's revealed that she made up her own board game called Gayle Force Winds but the game doesn't make sense, it takes all day to play, and you have to do weird tasks like putting a sponge on your head for half an hour.
- She has a bedtime ritual in which she pretends she is the sole survivor of an apocalypse. This delusion makes sleeping alone easier for her and as well as helps her sleep better.
- Makes up several unusual rules for herself including sending $100 to a pig every time she eats a ham sandwich and if she stays awake she won't die.
- "Happy things we should send into space... A jar of mayo, magazine clippings of Scott Bayo that song that starts with dayo... Little cat you're just like me you go outside and squat to pee, SQUAT! SQUAT!"
- "I'm not wearing anything under my snowsuit... Except for my long underwear, and my socks, and my other socks, and a Maxi Pad."
- "Guess who's on new meds!"
- "Oh! It's been so long since I've had my pillows fluffed."
- "Your tongue feels so much different from my cat's..."
- "You don't remember? We made love... ...with our mouths."
- "You pretend to flirt with Linda, I'll fake flirt with Dr. Yap, and then we can sneak off and hit the slopes. My slopes."
- "My cat. We got in a fight. Can I stay here for a while to cool off?"
- "We're in love! We're a couple in love! It's really happening! Finally! Thank you God!"
- "What is this? A pee-pee party? You people are fun, all going at once."
- "Okay fine. I'll go by myself. That's okay. I can use the empty seat next to me to slump into when I die alone."
- "Since I'm the one with the tickets, I want the essays to be about me! I want action! Adventure! Love! Drama! And Scott Bakula."
- "My cat was right about you."
- "Now that I made them all pretty, the pound will have to give me that fourth cat."