- There is a one second image of Louise's green night-light, Kuchi Kopi in the introduction.
- This episode was entitled "Forting Around" in early Fox press releases.
- A pencil drawing of Gene's "Ninja robot fighting a vampire tape recorder at Stonehenge" painting can be seen in his room in the fort.
- The TV in the fort is a rectangular box with an etch a sketch board attached to it.
- According to Darryl's map, the street running along the seafront in the town is Front Street, Front Street was previously mentioned by Sgt. Bosco in My Fuzzy Valentine.
- Many aspects of this episode were inspired by the works of director Wes Anderson. The fort was directly inspired and several other shots in the episode have plenty of symmetry similar to many of his films. Additionally, Darryl is dressed as Mark Mothersbaugh as he appears in the music video for the Devo song "Whip it", Mothersbaugh has scored many of Anderson's films.
- The script cover shows the kids in this episode with terrified looks.
- After the kids enter the fort, their backpacks disappear and are not seen again for the rest of the episode (apart from Darryl's which reappears later in the episode) along with Darryl's "energy dome" flower pot hat.
- Andy and Ollie both have the same color backpacks in this episode, Ollie's backpack was green in Bad Tina.
- Reflections appears closer to Bob's Burgers in this episode, it is usually two doors down from the bank but in this episode it appears to be where Yours Truly Stationary is, directly opposite It's Your Funeral Home & Crematorium.
- The animation lines that mark the features of Andy's ear are missing when Tina asks where the first stop on her farewell trick or treating tour.
- Andy and Ollie both leave their left shoes at the fort but when the shoes are arranged to look like Millie has killed them, they are a pair of left and right shoes.
- In the shot when lights start going out Andy and Ollie are wearing each others shirts like they did when the played trick or treat in the fort, in the shot when Darryl runs through the street in dismay seconds later they are wearing each others shorts.