- The episode title is a play on the Beatles song "Can't Buy Me Love".
- This is the second Valentine's Day-themed episode after My Fuzzy Valentine.
- Holding true to continuity, the partial tattoo Bob received in The Equestranauts can be seen near the end of the episode when Bob does a striptease for Linda.
- The opening gags in the credits are the same as in Speakeasy Rider.
- The book Darryl is reading in the cafeteria when he eyes Rosa is titled You, Robot, a reference to "I, Robot".
- Darryl's fear of spiders is mentioned again in this episode, it was first mentioned in Fort Night
- Games seen in the arcade at Spare Change Lanes include Smash-A-Mole (a parody of Whack-A-Mole), Moats, Lane Merger, Space Runner, Rock Star (a pinball machine) and Raceway.
- The Lane Merger games' scores are the same that appeared on the high scores board of the game at Family Funtime in Burgerboss, with Darryl topping the first four places with RBY IN fifth.
- Moats arcade game also appeared at Family Funtime in Burgerboss, many of the arcade games later feature at the Skating Roller Rink in Adventures in Chinchilla-Sitting.
- This episode was watched by 1.94 million households, making it the second lowest rated episode of Season 5.
- On July 16, 2015, it had been announced that this episode had been nominated for the Primetime Emmy in the Outstanding Animated Program. It later lost to Over the Garden Wall.
- On December 1, 2015, it had been announced that this episode had been nominated for the Annie Award for Best General Audience Animated Television/Broadcast Production. It later lost to The Simpsons.
- The script cover shows Darryl and Tina together, with Darryl looking happy and Tina looking neutral.
- The hot dog and milk on Gene's tray in the cafeteria disappears in the shot when Louise says they "know so much about bowling."
Behind the scenes