- This episode was set to air on October 7, 2012, but was replaced with Full Bars due to the uncertainty of when the baseball game would air. It was later set to air on October 21, 2012, but complications of the baseball game again had the episode moved. Mutiny on the Windbreaker was set to aired on November 11, 2012, up until FOX released information that Bob Fires the Kids would air instead. On October 29, 2012, FOX moved it for the fourth and final time to November 4, 2012 so Mutiny on the Windbreaker would air on November 11, 2012.
- Although the episode was pulled on October 21, 2012, a few broadcast networks still aired it.
- A total of 3.92 million households watched this episode.
- Originally, the word dildos was said by both Linda and Tina instead of vibrators.
- The episode received positive reviews from critics.
- The names of the two women who wrote the letter included in the box of Bob's 'toys' appear to be Jacqueline and Claire. In Mother Daughter Laser Razor, two other characters named Claire and Jacqueline appear at the restaurant, it isn't likely them who buy the diner as they are students at Wagstaff School.
- In production order this would be the first episode where the kids' bikes are introduced but they first appear in Ear-Sy Rider which aired first. In this episode, they are given a more formal introduction as it reveals that they store them in Teddy's garage.
- The AV Club gave the episode a B+ rating, stating The kids become drug dealers as Bob's Burgers parodies season 4 of The Wire. (This is not entirely true).
- Teddy's garage has a sign saying "Contractor Parking Only."
- The delivery man who delivers Bob's toys is the same delivery man who is taken hostage while delivering Tin Cup to the Moody Foodie in Moody Foodie.
- Cooper and Beverly are voiced by real-life married couple Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally.
- The pointed finger statue in Cooper and Beverly's house is anatomically correct with an extra finger compared to all the characters in the show.
- The script cover shows Bob, styled after Donald Trump, pointing to the kids, implying they are fired (a la The Apprentice ).