- Table read date: February 12, 2016.
- Guest stars Ken Marino and Kerri Kenney-Silver were both main cast members on MTV's The State and previously played a couple in Role Models. They voice blossoming couple Roger Flanley and Judy in this episode as well as the couple in the first restaurant scene.
- This episode aired as part of a double bill with "Ain't Miss Debatin'" following immediately after on March 26, 2017. It was billed as an hour-long episode by Fox.
- Both opening sequence running gags pay homage to King of the Hill. The Store Next Door is Pro-Pain Accessories Dominatrix Supplies, referencing the proclamation "I sell propane and propane accessories" used by Hank Hill to describe his profession. The Pest Control Truck is Dale's Dead-Bug, an extermination business run by the character Dale Gribble in the show.
- A rather accurate rendering of the actual IRS website is seen in this episode. The form needed to file for not-for-profit tax-exemption is Form 990-N.
- The notes on the Church of Aquaticism events noticeboard include; Singles Mixer, Mr. Limpet's fish chat, and Splash Bash!
- The dance Teddy does in this episode is the "Tuscaloosa Twister", a likely reference to the tornado that struck Tuscaloosa and Birmingham in Alabama on April 27, 2011, resulting in 64 fatalities.
- Flanley's computer uses the Microsoft Windows XP operating system which as of April 8, 2014, is no longer supported.
- In a promotional image for this episode, Teddy appears to be wearing gloves at the singles mixer but in the broadcast episode, he isn't.
- Even though one of the jellyfish in the final scene is dead, all the jellyfish are shown swimming before the last two shots of the tank.
- Louise uses Judy's computer mouse with her left hand, Louise is usually depicted as being right-handed.
- Tina's barrette is missing in the shot where Louise advises Flanley that it's not 'stinging season' for the jellyfish.