- First appearance of of Felix Fischoeder, brother of Calvin Fischoeder.
- The possession and trade of ambergris is prohibited by the Endangered Species Act of 1973.
- The word 'Ambergris' is mis-pronounced throughout the episode, even though it's derived from French, it is not pronounced as such.
- From this episode on, Mickey now works at Wonder Wharf.
- A total of 1.52 million households watched this episode, making it the lowest rated episode in Season 4 and joint lowest rated episode of the entire series with "Eggs for Days" and "Into the Mild", both from Season 7.
- Although not visible in the episode, the name of the website Tina researches ambergris on is called 'Jonah's Ambergris', the logo features a whale reading a newspaper on the toilet.
- In a deleted scene, Louise has a dream sequence where she sees Gene as King Charles II and Tina as a sperm whale.
- In another deleted segment when Louise asks where the ambergris is, Tina and Gene then mention what they did with the ambergris between when they found it and then. Also Louise says "our piece is bigger than that piece" before she says jackpot in the final episode.
- When the picture of King Charles II is seen on the website, links to Wikipedia and a community portal can be seen.
- The magazine Linda and Felix are reading while picking out sinks is called 'Modern Fixtures'.
- The sign on the door of the restaurant when Mr. Fischoeder arrives at the bathroom unveiling party says "Closed for private bathroom unveiling party".
- Louise wears the same hooded jacket to conceal the ambergris that she wore in Ear-sy Rider to cover the top of her head.
- The new bathroom that gets installed in the restaurant remains for the rest of the series.
- In the first two shots where Linda is shown behind the counter, her apron is missing.
- Linda fills Calvin's glass of wine twice before she gives it to him.