- The title is a parody of the film A River Runs Through It.
- This is the first episode not to feature the restaurant during the episode apart from the opening and closing sequences.
- The entire episode apart from a cutaway where Tina is shown at a Thundergirls meeting and when the family is driving to and from it is set in Meshugaas State Park.
- This is the first episode where the Thundergirls girl scout organization is featured. Their uniforms also appear with a neckerchief, unlike later episodes.
- The song, "We're Coming for Ya", that plays while the family is searching for each other has 'follow the bouncing ball' lyrics to accompany it. This does not occur with any other songs featured in episodes, not including End Credits Sequence songs such as the "Equestranauts Theme" which plays over the credits to "The Equestranauts."
- When Bob and Linda are shown naked under water while being dragged by the current, the moonlight is shining on them and their privates appear when the light is not shining on them, obscuring them for censorship.
- The RV couple's "Ritual of Trust" music is a cover of C+C Music Factory's "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)", sung by John Roberts. The recording didn't make it onto The Bob's Burgers Music Album but a full-length version is available for streaming on Loren Bouchard's SoundCloud account.
- This episode had either a working or shorthand title of "Sheesh! Camp, Bob?" according to a board of episodes in a production office in a behind the scenes video for "The Gayle Tales", a reference to Season 1 episode "Sheesh! Cab, Bob?."
- Footage from the voiceover recording sessions from this episode appears in a video uploaded to Animation on Fox's YouTube channel entitled "In The Recording Booth With Bob's Burgers" on January 3, 2013, around nine months before this episode originally aired. (see Behind the scenes)
- The script cover shows Bob and Linda holding hands. A leaf is shown on Bob's crotch and leaves on Linda's breasts and crotch.
- The state park's name is misspelled as 'Meshuggas' on the leaflet given to the Belchers by the park ranger.
- A mud stain appears on the right side of Tina's face after she drops the beehive in the RV and when she starts running away from the RV couple that doesn't appear in any other scene.
- During the end credits Tina is wearing her usual clothes with the neckerchief and sash instead of the shirt and shorts that form part of her Thundergirls uniform worn in this episode.
Behind the scenes